Custom content is key to a successful challenge group. Throughout the entirety of your program we suggest that when you're customizing your challenge groups that you include content modules. This module is great for posting articles, videos or even announcing progress or events!
We suggest that admins aggregate and schedule out content prior to the challenge group starts, so it's one less thing you have to worry about as the group begins! Admins will utilize the Admin Center to first customize their group. From there they will use the Module Manager within that specific group to schedule posts through the content module. Follow the steps below to begin.
How to upload posts to the content module
- Go to the Module Manager
After you've created your challenge group you'll use that specific group's module manager to manage content.
You can either click the blue 'Add Content' button to quickly upload 1 piece of content or click into the general Content tab to manage your content calendar.
2. Upload your content.
You can post articles, videos, and posts with/without an image.
3. Enter all required post information
Based on the type of content you plan to upload you will be prompted with different inputs to build your custom content within the module.
For articles you can link out to any public URL on the web. Aggregate your favorite blog posts or wellness resources and post as an article through the content module. It's important to remember that videos must be in YouTube or Vimeo format. You must upload a video with an image. Best practice tip: screen shot a portion in the video and use that as your image.
4. Schedule or Publish now. Typically if you're planning out the entire challenge group's content you will Schedule. The more ad-hoc posts will use 'Publish now'.
Content can only be viewed in the started state of a group. Remember to schedule content only from the first day of the challenge group onward.
Best practice tips:
- Spend an hour or so before the challenge group begins to aggregate content and schedule it out. This will decrease administrative time spent during the challenge group.
- Challenge groups remain on the dashboard 7 days after the grace period ends. Use the content module to post about progress or announce winners after the challenge has closed!
- Structure your groups around a specific initiative: fitness, nutrition, or mindfulness. Then utilize the content module to really drive your point home with your participants. A mixture of articles and videos will keep your group engaged!
- Monitor content analytics. Through the module manager you will be able to see likes/comments on each piece of content. Take note of what resonates with your users and schedule more of that type of content out throughout the entirety of your program.