Connecting Samsung Health to MoveSpring with Health Sync
If you’ve already read our guide for Samsung Health users and have decided you’d like to try to connect your Samsung Health data to MoveSpring using the Health Sync app, you’re in the right place!
MoveSpring cannot guarantee that Health Sync will accurately and reliably sync steps from Samsung Health to Google Fit. As your data is being transferred between a few different apps, [Samsung Health > Health Sync > Google Fit > MoveSpring] it is possible that some data will get lost along the way. We can only sync the steps, distance, and active minutes data that are showing in the Google Fit app on your phone.
Please note: the Health Sync app is not free. Health Sync is available for a charge of $0.99 every six months or a one-time purchase of $2.99 (current pricing may differ).
Follow the steps below to connect using Health Sync:
- Download Google Fit for free from the Google Play Store, create an account there, and connect Google Fit to MoveSpring (please skip this step if you’ve already connected Google Fit to MoveSpring)
- Download Health Sync from the Google Play Store and open the Health Sync app
- Follow the prompts to set up Health Sync
- When choosing your Sync Direction, select to sync from Samsung Health and then select Samsung Health to Google Fit as your Sync Direction
5. Tap the green “Check Google Fit Connection” button and select the same Google account you have connected in Google Fit and select “Allow” to give Health Sync access to Google Fit. Make sure you select the correct account!
6. Tap the green “Check Activity Tracking in Google Fit” button next, ensure that Google Fit tracking is turned off, and select “OK”
7. Check the data you want Health Sync to share with Google Fit (make sure you check steps!) and toggle on “All permissions” when prompted
8. Congratulations! Steps should now be syncing from Samsung Health to Google Fit with the help of Health Sync!
Health Sync Support
MoveSpring cannot guarantee that Health Sync will always reliably sync steps from Samsung Health to Google Fit. As your data is being transferred between a few different apps it is possible that some data will get lost along the way. We can only sync the steps, distance, and active minutes data that are showing in the Google Fit app on your phone.
If you need assistance with Health Sync, there is a Help Center menu within the Health Sync app. If your problem isn't listed, you can send a Health Sync Report directly to Health Sync from their Help Center or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.