If you use a pedometer, don’t have a device, or your current wearable doesn’t integrate with MoveSpring, you can now manually add your activity to join in on the fun.
Currently you can edit the previous 5 days of data. You must enter each day's data individually. Do not add in sums of step or distance data over a period of time. Grace period rules always apply. Once a challenge group moves to the completed tab, your manually added steps will not be pulled into the challenge.
Follow the steps below to manually enter your steps into MoveSpring
- Login or Sign up for MoveSpring via our app (App Store or Google Play) or the web
If you already have an account: Navigate to https://app.movespring.com/profile/settings/device or the Profile settings in the mobile app
- Select Manual Entry from device options
- From the dashboard select the Edit icon in the top right hand corner.
4. Manually add your steps, distance and active minutes for today.
5. To enter previous day’s data select ‘Manually edit previous activity’
6. Enter your previous day’s step, distance and activity data.
Switching your Device to Manual Entry
Whether you've forgotten your device at home or it's died at the office, there's no reason you should have to miss out on your activity. When you're switching back and forth between a wearable device and manual entry, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
- The MoveSpring platform does not combine your activity count between devices. What this means is that when you switch to manual entry you'll have to add your two totals together and write the combined number into the manual entry field before saving.
- MoveSpring will always keep your higher number of activity. Say you have 5,000 steps synced into your challenge group and gain an additional 1,000 steps outside of what's tracked on that specific device. The next step would be to switch to manual entry to enter in 6,000 steps. Since MoveSpring always keeps the higher number if you're combining steps from two devices in one day what we suggest is doing this once a day the morning after the day is complete. So you have total step counts combined for your devices and the most accurate number in the challenge. You'll just switch to manual entry and conclude your steps for the previous day and then switch back to your device to do the same the next day.