Joining a team for a team challenge
In order to participate in a Team Leaderboard or Team Virtual Race challenge, you will need to be a part of a team.
For instructions on how to join a team from the MoveSpring website, please scroll to the bottom of this guide.
You can join a team from your mobile dashboard by following the steps below:
After joining your challenge, open your dashboard and scroll to the "Challenges" section
Locate your challenge as shown below and tap the "Join a team" or "Join or create a team" notification:
3. Locate the team you'd like to join (you can search by team name at the top) and tap the team name to view the team and its current participants. To join this team, just tap the blue "Join Team" button on the team page:
4. After joining, you'll see a confirmation that you successfully joined your team. When viewing your challenge, you'll now see your team listed:
Changing a team for a team challenge
Depending on the settings determined by your admin, you may not be able to join a team after a challenge starts. To be safe, it's best to always join a team before a challenge starts so you don't get locked out.
Before your challenge starts, you may also be able to change your team by clicking "Change Team" as shown below. After leaving your current team, you'll follow the same steps as above to select a new team:
Joining and Changing Teams on the MoveSpring Website
1. After joining your challenge, open your web dashboard and scroll to the "Challenges" section
2. Locate your challenge as shown below and click the "Join a Team" button:
3. Locate the team you'd like to join (search by team name if needed) and click the green “+” next to the team name to quick join. Confirm your selection by clicking the "Join Team" button in the pop-up screen:
Or, if you'd prefer to view participants on a team first before joining, click on a team name to view all participants and then join from there by clicking the green "+ Join Team" button
4. When you return to your dashboard, you should now see your team listed
5. Click on "Change Team" from here to change your team assignment (This option may not be available depending on your challenge settings.)
Contact our support team - we're always here to help!