Note: Slack notifications are available to Ultimate clients only. To learn more about upgrading your plan, please contact your MoveSpring client success manager directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Before you get started
Choose a Slack channel
Before you get started, you’ll need to choose the channel(s) in your Slack workspace where you’d like notifications to be received. You can use an existing channel, or create a new channel.
We recommend creating a #wellness or #challenges channel for your MoveSpring notifications, if one does not already exist in your Slack workspace. You can reference this resource from Slack if you need help creating a new channel.
Locating the webhooks URL
Once your channel is set up and ready to go, you will need to access the webhooks URL that will direct the notification to your selected channel.
If you’re not sure how to access the webhooks URL, please contact your organization’s IT department or the administrator for your Slack workspace for help. You can use this resource from Slack if you need help locating your workspace's owner or admin. You can also reference this resource from Slack to help you locate the webhooks URL.
Please keep in mind that the webhooks URL for your designated Slack channel contains sensitive information. If someone has access to your webhooks URL, they will be able to send data into your Slack channel. For this reason, we advise storing the URL in a secure location like a password manager, and not sharing it publicly.
Setting up Slack notifications from the admin center
Now that your Slack channel is selected and you’ve located your webhooks URL, you’re ready to set up the integration from the admin center. Follow the steps below to configure your preferred Slack notifications.
Log in to the admin center and click here to access your account settings.
Select the Slack integration tab.
Select the blue + Add notification button to add your first notification.
4. Copy the webhooks URL* for your Slack channel and paste it into the URL field.
*Do not copy the webhooks URL from the admin center. The admin center only displays a partial webhooks URL for security purposes.
5. Select the notification type you’d like to include.
6. Select Set live to set your notification live. Your notification will now send automatically at the times indicated in the notification descriptions.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 above to add any additional notifications. You will only be able to add 1 notification at a time.
Testing your Slack notifications from the admin center
If you’d like to test your Slack notification to ensure everything is set up properly, you can trigger a test notification after setting your notification live. Follow the steps below to send a test notification.
Note: All test notifications sent will display test data (not actual data from your account). Please also keep in mind that anyone in the channel will be able to view the test notification.
2. Review the message shown, and then select Send test notification to proceed:
3. Your test notification should send immediately to your designated Slack channel. If you do not see your notification, please double-check that you’ve provided the correct webhooks URL.
Editing and removing Slack notifications
You will also have the option to edit and remove Slack notifications that you’ve added if needed.
Editing a Slack notification
2. You can replace the URL you’ve provided or update to a new Slack notification type. Select Set live to save your updates.
Removing a Slack notification
2. Select Yes, remove to confirm you want to remove the notification: