Utilizing the Content Module
Custom content is key to a successful challenge. We suggest including a content module in every challenge. Use this module to educate your users by posting articles, videos, or even update progress throughout a challenge!
Aggregate and schedule out content prior to the challenge starting, so it's one less thing you have to worry about as the challenge begins. Follow the steps below to get started!
1. Click on your challenge from the 'Challenge' tab and scroll to view your modules:
2. Click the "Manage and upload content" button:
3. View previously scheduled content from here, or hit "Upload My Content" to start scheduling new content:
4. Select the Content Type
Based on the type of content you plan to upload, you will be prompted with different inputs to build your custom content within the module.
5. Auto-populate or Add an Image, Title, and Description
If you’re linking out to an article or video, paste the URL and select the blue “Populate” button to auto-populate an image, title, and description. Videos must be from YouTube or Vimeo, and all articles must begin with https.
If you don’t prefer to use the pre-populated image you can use the “Replace” button to upload a different image or select “Use a stock image”. You can also easily adjust the populated Title and Description by clicking into either text box to make your changes.
6. Schedule for later or Publish now.
Typically, if you're planning out the entire challenge's content, you will schedule in advance for a certain day and time. The more ad-hoc posts will use 'Publish now'.
Content can only be viewed once the challenge has started. Remember to schedule content only from the first day of the challenge onward.
7. You should see a confirmation that your content was successfully published or scheduled!
The End User Experience
Once your content is published, your participants will see it shared within the MoveSpring app and can click to open and view more details. Participants can also or view previous content from the “View All Content” link.
Best practice tips:
- Spend an hour+ before the challenge begins to aggregate content and schedule it out. This will decrease administrative time spent during the challenge.
- Challenges remain on the dashboard up to 60 days after they end. Use the content module to post about progress as the challenge advances!
- Structure your challenges around a specific initiative: fitness, nutrition, or mindfulness. Utilize the content module to really drive your point home with your participants. A mixture of articles and videos will keep your users engaged!
- Monitor content analytics. Through the module manager, you will be able to see likes/comments on each piece of content. Take note of what resonates with your users and schedule more of that type of content out throughout the entirety of your program.